Let’s Keep Families Together In Upstate New York
The Babinec JOBS Effect Podcast : Listen to updates from Martin Babinec
Use the power of Congress to bring together the right people to have the right conversation about jobs.
- Identify paths for collaborating across institutional and geographic boundaries to leverage common assets in helping grow new industry jobs.
- Forge consensus with leaders from industry and public institutions on priorities for regional collaboration.
- Get more of our successful entrepreneurs engaged in helping the next generation.
- Identify, track and promote metrics that bring visibility to our smart jobs baseline and progress
- Bring visibility to our region’s successes in new industries. Drive awareness through public speeches, personal interactions as well as both traditional and new media.
Develop and support those in our local workforce so they can pursue new industry careers here in Upstate New York
- Help our primary and secondary schools adopt more effective and efficient use of digital tools, increasing student engagement and better preparing graduates for the rapidly evolving workplace.
- Fight adoption of Federal mandates, such as Common Core standards, that undermine the ability of local school districts to determine curriculum appropriate for their community.
- Help colleges advance student entrepreneurship, expanding pathways to connect emerging entrepreneurs with local business professionals.
- Spotlight Smart Jobs initiatives so that past graduates who have left the area know of the new opportunities that await them here.
Identify job-killing policies and mobilize support for common sense solutions that preserve the intent of helping those with needs.
- Inform voters and legislators about the unintended consequences of regulations that inhibit hiring and wage growth.
- Focus on a long-term strategy that addresses the out-of-control entitlement spending and unsustainable debt with which we’re burdening future generations
- Implement a tax policy that encourages U.S. corporations to bring their global earnings back to this country.
- Create incentives to achieve efficiencies by regionalizing local government services
Foster an environment that leverages private sector investment and faster growth by creating new companies and jobs in innovation industries
- Catalyze economic growth by raising awareness of regional assets that can help to grow more companies in the innovation industries where our best and brightest talent want to work.
- Showcase ways Upstate people, companies and local organizations can support entrepreneurs who are creating companies in new industries.
- Incentivize investment in emerging innovation companies with smart growth policies.
- Break down regional and institutional boundaries that interfere with the job creators efforts to connect with resources they need to grow their companies.
- Drive funding and awareness of “Smart City” opportunities for local and regional governments to deploy technologies that can improve services, reduce costs, and attract new residents and visitors to our communities.
Adopt a common-sense immigration policy that increases our nation’s security and economic vitality.
- Secure our borders
- Enforce existing immigration laws
- Shift the focus of immigration policy to encourage the entry of those with skills we need to grow our economy
Put an end to corporate giveaways, tax loopholes, and “pay to play” politics.
- Get government out of the business of picking winners. Private investors, not taxpayers, should be assuming the risks of helping companies develop their products and markets. That’s how our economy has always worked best.
- Bring transparency to public-funded economic development initiatives and calculate the full cost of creating jobs by handing taxpayer dollars to private companies.
- Fight to reduce the complexity of Federal tax code, instituting a flat tax for personal and corporate income.
- Restrict the use of Export Import Bank funding for large corporations while retaining those elements that grow small businesses.